Canada Student Job – Cruise Coordinator
Summer Jobs (8 weeks)
Looking to work in a dynamic environment and learn about the exciting world of travel, tourism, and the cruise industry? Port Charlottetown is looking for a flexible and self-motivated individual to join the team as a Cruise Coordinator to work with the Port Charlottetown’s operations team.
- Assisting with the coordination and management of daily activities at the port, working with shore excursion providers, guest information services and Port Charlottetown staff.
- Assisting with the development, implementation, and management of the volunteer and feedback program
- Researching opportunities for growth in the tourism/cruise sector.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of Port Charlottetown’s brand identity.
- Researching the history of Port Charlottetown and creating an information package to be used for communications and social media purposes
- Providing feedback and creating reports regarding shore excursions, port evaluations incorporating customer feedback.
- Liaising with the Social Media Coordinator to create content for social and digital media platforms and cruise specific storyboards.
- Assisting in operating the Cruise Welcome and Farewell programs.
- Coordinating with relevant departments any facility issues related to cruise.
- Actively participating in stakeholder and cruise working groups and committees as required.
- Performing other assigned duties as required.
Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Must be fluent in English, bilingualism is an asset. Must be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise diplomatically with internal organizations and external clients. Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team and be available on cruise days. Excellent organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform a diverse portfolio of tasks is required for this position.
The Federal Government of Canada has mandated all federally regulated marine sectors to implement a vaccination policy. Port Charlottetown requires all employees, contractors, suppliers, and those entering Port areas, who are not exempt on medical or other human rights grounds, to be fully vaccinated as a condition of working in any of our Port areas.
Skill which will be developed include:
- Marketing skills including development of marketing tools such as sales enablement materials and newsletters
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Client service skills
- Leadership skills
- Public relations skills
- Business development skills
- Researching, reporting, writing and presentation skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
Send resume to email@example.com