Canada Student Job – Marine Facilities Technician Assistant
Summer Jobs (8 weeks)
Looking to work in a dynamic, hands-on environment and learn about port operations and facility maintenance? Port Charlottetown is looking for a flexible and self-motivated individual to join the team as a Facilities Maintenance Technician.
- Basic understand of electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Overseeing COVID protocol implementation
- Under the direction of the manager, dealing with vessel requirements: water hookup, etc.
- Coordination of on-site activities maintenance.
- Provide feedback to the manager regarding the operation’s performance
- Assisting with the maintenance of Port Charlottetown, Seaport Vendor Village and Founders Hall.
- Working with the manager and other relevant stakeholders on issues related to Port activities and coordinate the resolution
- Coordinate any facility maintenance issues and assist in preparation of the terminal for the cruise season.
- In collaboration with the manager, ensure the Cruise Operation Plan and overall cruise services makes effective and efficient use of the facility to deliver world class standards.
- Providing quality service to vendors when maintenance items are required
- Working as a team to meet the demands and maintain the reputation of the location.
- Identifying safety concerns and using sound judgement to take corrective actions
- Completing opening and closing checks
- Performing other assigned duties as required.
Must be fluent in English, bilingualism is an asset. Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented. Must be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and to work independently and as a part of a team. Excellent organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform a diverse portfolio of tasks is required for this position. Physical requirements include being able to stand for extended periods of time, push/lift 50lbs if required, bending at waiting, sitting, kneeling, crouching as job may require. Some weekend/evening work is required and must be available to work on cruise days. Basic computer skills.
The Federal Government of Canada has mandated all federally regulated marine sectors to implement a vaccination policy. Port Charlottetown requires all employees, contractors, suppliers, and those entering Port areas, who are not exempt on medical or other human rights grounds, to be fully vaccinated as a condition of working in any of our Port areas.
Skill which will be developed include:
- Basic security training under by MFSO staff
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Client service skills
- Port maintenance logistics for cruise and commercial vessels.
- Retail facility management skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org