Canada Student Job – Social Media Coordinator
Summer Jobs (8 weeks)
Looking to work in a dynamic environment and learn about the exciting world of travel, tourism, and the cruise industry? Port Charlottetown is looking for a creative and self-motivated individual to join the team as a Social Media Coordinator to work closely with the Retail Operations Manager along with the Port Charlottetown’s operations team.
- Create a content database for Port Charlottetown’s social media pages for cruise and commercial offerings.
- Assist in creation and editing of written, video, and photos content.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Monitor, evaluate and present research analytics, trends in digital media and cruise industry. Identify methods to increase brand awareness.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of Port Charlottetown’s brand identity.
- Manage Port Charlottetown’s website, offer creative suggestions and oversee website refresh.
- Liaise with the marketing team to develop and implement Faces of Cruise, Did You Know? series and create content for social and digital media platforms.
- Coordinating with relevant departments any facility issues related to social media.
- Actively participating in stakeholder working groups and committees as required.
- Performing other assigned duties as required.
Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Must be fluent in English, bilingualism is an asset. Must be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise diplomatically with internal organizations and external clients. Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team and be available on cruise days. Excellent organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform a diverse portfolio of tasks is required for this position.
The Federal Government of Canada has mandated all federally regulated marine sectors to implement a vaccination policy. Port Charlottetown requires all employees, contractors, suppliers, and those entering Port areas, who are not exempt on medical or other human rights grounds, to be fully vaccinated as a condition of working in any of our Port areas.
Skill which will be developed include:
- Digital media skills
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Client service skills
- Leadership skills
- Public relations skills
- Researching, reporting, writing and presentation skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
Send resume to email@example.com