At Port Charlottetown, we’re always on the lookout for passionate, talented individuals who are excited to be part of our team.
You can find our current career opportunities listed below. If you feel that you would be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Cruise & Marketing Coordinator
The Cruise & Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing and is responsible for assisting with the development and execution of a marketing strategy that encompasses all the activities of Port Charlottetown. The position is also responsible for showcasing both Founders’ Food Hall & Market and Port Charlottetown venues, creating unforgettable experiences is what this job’s all about!
Port Charlottetown is your ticket to a front-row experience of Prince Edward Island. Located in the heart of our vibrant capital city, the port is mere steps away from everything that makes for an unforgettable day on our island.
Founders’ Food Hall & Market, located on the scenic waterfront, is Charlottetown’s most unique dining and shopping experience. Founders’ Food Hall & Market is home to 18 permanent local food and artisan vendors, as well as a Visitor Information Centre, Notables PEILCC and the Meyer demo kitchen. Founders’ Food Hall & Market is already known for its unique shopping and authentically delicious food experience; however, it is quickly becoming a hot spot for high-quality events – and we want you to be a part of it!
As our Cruise & Marketing Coordinator, you will play a key part in what’s happening at both Port Charlottetown and Founders’ Food Hall & Market. Are you passionate about creating unique experiences and showcasing what PEI can do? This may be the job for you!
We are seeking a creative, ambitious, and highly skilled professional to join our amazing waterfront team!
The ideal candidate is:
- Highly organized, motivated, and self-directed
- An outgoing team player
- A people person with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic, caring
- Able to pay close attention to detail
Duties of this position include (but are not limited to)
- Assisting with developing and curating engaging content for social media platforms
- Assist with the production of marketing materials and collateral.
- Responsible for updating the Port Charlottetown website as required.
- Assisting with the coordination and management of daily activities at the port, working with shore excursion providers, guest information services and Port Charlottetown staff.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the guest feedback and volunteer program.
- Responsible for managing sampling and programming for inaugural visits.
- Providing feedback and creating reports regarding shore excursions, port evaluations incorporating customer feedback.
- Assisting in operating the Cruise Welcome and Farewell programs.
- Assisting with special events at Founders’ Food Hall & Market
- Coordinating with relevant departments any facility issues related to cruise.
- Performing other assigned duties as required.
- Evening or weekend work may be required.
Education & Experience
- Preference will be given to applicants currently enrolled in studies of Communications & Marketing, Event Management, Public Relations, or relevant field
Skills & Qualification
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Creative and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong analytical skills, attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Demonstrates ability to work well under pressure and good time management skills and the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks under conflicting deadlines/priorities.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of marketing principles and stays up to date with the latest trends and platforms
- A positive, team player who demonstrates a willingness to problem solve and independently seek out solutions to challenges
- Demonstrates experience in a wide range of digital platforms, including but not limited to: G Suite, WordPress, Canva, Zoom, and all major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Tik Tok.
- Proficient in data manipulation and spreadsheets
- Detail-oriented and proficient in tracking and reporting on project progress
- Strong communications both orally and written, professional communications writing
Job Types: Contract
Wage: $18/HR, 40 Hrs. per week
- Monday to Friday
- Occasional weekends and evenings
- Reporting to: Director of Marketing
- Start Date: June 26, 2023
- Term: Contract position
Please email resume and cover letter to Director of Marketing & Cruise Development, Kelly Murphy email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 16, 2023. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.