At Port Charlottetown, we’re always on the lookout for passionate, talented individuals who are excited to be part of our team.
You can find our current career opportunities listed below. If you feel that you would be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Part-Time Maintenance Technician
Port Charlottetown is currently seeking a dedicated and skilled Part-Time Maintenance technician to join our team from mid-August to the end of October. The ideal candidate will be a Skilled ticketed forklift, have experience in building maintenance, and possess the physical ability to handle tasks that involve repeatedly lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50lbs, as well as standing, bending, kneeling, climbing, and stretching for extended periods. Previous experience in a similar role is considered an asset.
- Oversee and manage maintenance tasks and activities at Port Charlottetown.
- Ensure the efficient operation and upkeep of the facilities and equipment.
- Conduct routine inspections and preventive maintenance to identify and address potential issues.
- Respond to maintenance requests and address any emergencies promptly.
- Coordinate and work with Operations and Maintenance Manager to achieve departmental goals.
- Manage inventory for maintenance tasks.
- Operate forklifts and other machinery safely and efficiently when required.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and protocols while performing maintenance duties.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities and report to the management as needed.
- Continuously improve maintenance processes and procedures to enhance overall efficiency.
- Shiftwork, ability to work weekends and afternoons.
- Valid forklift ticket.
- Experience in building maintenance is highly desirable.
- Physical ability to repeatedly lift, push, pull up to 100lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel, climb, and stretch for long periods of time.
- Previous experience in a maintenance management role is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
If you are a motivated individual with the necessary qualifications and a passion for maintenance work, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at Port Charlottetown. Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Application Deadline: August 11th, 2023
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.