Regional Map / Nautical Distances
How far is it?
To help you put your itinerary together, the following are the distances in nautical miles from Charlottetown to our partner ports.
New York – 1003 nautical miles
Boston – 796 nautical miles
Portland – 700 nautical miles
Saint John, NB – 707 nautical miles
Halifax – 445 nautical miles
Sydney – 222 nautical miles
Corner Brook – 322 nautical miles
Quebec – 681 nautical miles
Navigation under the Confederation Bridge
Transport Canada website:
Click to download the Guidelines for Navigation under the Confederation Bridge.
The most important aspects for cruise ships are:
- It is a mandatory pilotage zone
- The maximum cruise vessel speed is 11 knots for 2 km each side of bridge
- The maximum passenger vessel displacement is 33,500 long tons
- The vessel maximum air draft is 48 m
- The main navigation corridor is 172 m wide. There are many aids to navigation including daymarkers, sector lights, racons, and fairway bouys.